Earthing Solutions supplied and installed a separate earth grid for the padmount substation at Spring Farm. The project :
- 70mm2 bare c/u grading ring
- 70mm2 XLPE high voltage and low voltage earth grid
- 1 x 30m and 4 x 20m deep earth electrodes
- Step-touch potential earth pads
- Upgrade of insulators on high voltage earth bar
The supply and installation of the earth grid components of the project required specialised materials, equipment and skills. With the high voltage feed coming direct from the nearby Nepean Zone Substation a substantial earthing design was required.
Earthing Solutions completed the earthing substation project on time and on budget.